This is Vincent, community manager for Idle Souldier, as many of you may have noticed, we recently rolled out a hot fix for many of the localization issues we’ve been having, and due to the scale of the rollout, other problems have also surfaced.
Overall, we are happy with the direction the game is taking and we hope that you are as excited as we are that we have reached this major milestone. We’re sorry for announcing this a day after the hot fix, as our engineers were busy identifying the issue affecting the servers.
All in all, we hope that you are happy with the recent changes, the effect of this rollout should not affect the core gameplay, as we only updated the translation with clearer item/skill descriptions. Also, due to the large amount of words being changed, we will not be able to provide specific patch notes, the following is a rough list of all the changes that were made:
- Some Skills/Soulgems’ names have been rewritten to better reflect their actual abilities
- Abbreviations, attribute names have been standardized and made consistent across the game, no more confusion between Combos and Double Strike, Double Strike is a skill while Combos refers to multiple skill/normal attacks.
- Fixed the terms used to describe the different types of measuring terms used across the game, for instance: Tier is used to describe gear progression and Arena rank achieved, Level is applied on character experience progression and gear upgrade progression, Grade is used to rate your prowess in battle and so on.
- Simplified some terms, such as Auto-Farming to Botting, in general, we try to keep the text short and sweet! GF would refer to Gold Find and MF would refer to Magic Find, the previously used abbreviation MG (More Gold) have been made obsolete.
- Most Importantly! We’ve updated the Skill description of most skills and Soulgems to properly reflect its actual affects as we find that some of it is not correctly explained, this might give you a better insight on your team’s overall strategy!
In the meantime, we would really like to hear your feedback regarding the recent changes made to Idle Souldier! Let us know what you think and how we can enhance your gaming experience. I always talk with the devs about you suggestions and try my best to make sure it is included in the future updates of the game!
Finally, we’re sure that due to the size of recent changes, there might still be problems with some of the translation, if you see anything that looks weird in-game, send me a message on the Facebook group, or the official Idle Souldier Facebook page, we will provide a compensation if you report an issue that hasn’t been reported yet! You can always reach us using the following platforms:
Thank you for your support and hope you find that fat lewt you’re looking for!
- Vincent – Idle Souldier Community Manager